1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to use full capacity of SD flash drive

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by thomasnbaile, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thomasnbaile

thomasnbaile Thread Starter

I have several 1GB SD (Kingston) flash drives that I used to carry MP3 files for my MP3 player. I don't know why but I can only put 300MB or so on each SD. It would tell me that "unable to create filename or directory" or something like that. I thought may be my MP3 filenames are too long, so I shorten them all, but it didn't fix it. Then I decided to create a couple folders on one of the SD and put the MP3 files in there. That seems to let me put around 500MB or so on, but my MP3 player couldn't read the MP3 files through the folders. Any ideas on how I can solve the problem to let me use the full capacity of the SD flash drives or how to get my MP3 player to read the MP3 files in the folders. That was the reason I had to buy several SD flash drives. I couldn't afford the iPod. Please help! Thanks much!

Tom

2. silentmage

silentmage

make sure you have "view hidden files" on. a lot of times music files will come with images attached to them used for folder pictures and the such.

3. thomasnbaile

thomasnbaile Thread Starter

Thanks SilentImage. I tried that but no such luck. The files are clean by the way. Nothing attached. It probably has something to do with the file structure in windows, but I don't know how to fix it.

Tom

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. silentmage

silentmage

sorry i couldn't help...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!