1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to use more than 2 USB devices at the same time?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tyxshi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Tyxshi

Tyxshi Thread Starter

I have a USB Headset, Keyboard, and mouse plugged in to my PC. When sound is playing my mouse works but pressing any key on my keyboard will make the disconnect/connect sound. But when there is no sound playing my mouse and keyboard both work fine. how can I go about fixing this?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What is the brand and exact model of computer? How many USB ports does the computer have?
    My thoughts are there is not enough power supplied by the 3 ports to allow the 3 devices. (I don't own USB headset and only 1 computer in the house uses a USB keyboard and mouse so I can't test).
    Since the USB headset might be drawing too much power, have you considered using a headset with a 3.5mm plug instead?

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Power or a faulty device would be my guess. There is no realistic limit to the number of USB devices that can used (the OS supports many more devices than the number of ports on any computer).

You could try using a powered USB hub (hub with an AC adapter). Then the power used would be supplied by the hubs power supply and not the computer. I would recommend, however, keeping the mouse and keyboard connected to the actual computer and only use the hub for other devices.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice