1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to use Text tool in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by alan_uk, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan_uk

alan_uk Thread Starter

I've just bought a new PC and have installed Photoshop CS on it. However, whenever I try using the Text tool, Photoshop just hangs and the program becomes unresponsive. The processor usage also increases looking at the Task Manager. I have to shut the program down before I can do anything else. The program ran fine on my old PC.

I've also tried an evaulation copy of Photoshop Elements 3 which has exactly the same problem.

On the new PC, I have now installed my old Photoshop 7 and this works fine!

I'm at a loss to know what to try next. Any advice would be appreciated. New PC is 3.4GHz Pentium 4 512Mb RAM. Old PC was AMD Athlon 1.4GHz 512Mb RAM.

2. slipe

slipe

I have no idea why that would happen. If you can’t get help here I suggest you register at Adobe’s Photoshop forum and ask. Technical support people from Adobe often answer, and you might be able to find a post where the problem has already been addressed: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/[email protected]@.ee6b366

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/304082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice