1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to view images

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cbk, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

I just installed windows xp and i put firefox on and images say unable to connect. I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me?

2. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

Can anyone help me?

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello could you explain in a bit more detail

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Yes I can explain, There are some we will say articles that when they show on the screen they get unable to display page or can not connect. This is due to security settings in either Internet Explorer, Firefox or other browsers. THis actually for the most part normal seeing as some of these images contain bad things like virus's, worms, etc also they take a while to load in to the screen.

Now if you are not getting other images like background or icons and the like there might be something else wrong and I have to agree with BM more infor is needed here to be input from you.

5. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

Like if i go to myspace it says unable Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at dewb.myspace.com.

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

That is not images can not connect, that is Page Can not be displayed.

We would need some system specs here on your computer if possible and the version number of Firefox and Internet Explorer too.

Also try getting on line with Internet Explorer and see if you get PAge cannot be displayed also?

What type of internet connection do you have? Broadband or Dial-up?

7. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

it only says that on the images not the page

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Helo have a look in tools options and see if show images in web pages is checked

9. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

it doesnt say anything like that in tools

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Let me load up firefox and see sorry
    i am so used to IE

11. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

When you go to Tools then options then you have to click on content to see how the images are handles.

And this is still page cannot be displayed it is the page in the web site that cannot be displayed.

12. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

k thanks

13. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What version of Firefox are you using?

Go to Help then about Mozilla Firefox to find it.

14. cbk

cbk Thread Starter

am using the newest one. Like i said i just installed windows. is there anything i have to DL in the beginning

15. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Just loaded Windows? Did you install all of the special drivers for the computer?

These drivers usually come on a special driver disk with the computer and are for the chipset, buss, audio, video, networking and others, these are special drivers not the ones you usually install for devices they are to make the motherboard do its job.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/577680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice