Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to view pics on a site already visited.

626 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gfcutler 
#1 ·
Using XP home edition.
I recently joined a Christmas card site to send E-cards and everything went okay.
Today I wanted to send a New Years E-card but upon revisiting the site, I found I couldn't view any of the cards and got a blank screen with a small red 'x' in the top left-hand corner. I refreshed the screen but no joy. Then I altered security levels to minimum to see if that'd fix things - it didn't so I altered them back to default.
Any ideas what could be wrong please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Graham F Cutler.

#2 ·
Hello and welcome,
Have you tried clearing personal data? If you use IE, click tools, internet options, delete cookies, delete files (include the cehckbox for offline content), click settings button, check the button for every visit to the page (for new content), click apply, the restart Internet explorer and go to your site.

If you use Firefox, click ctrl+shift+del keys, This loads the persoanl data box, click clear all, then close and retry the site.
If your using an older version, then click tools, options, privacy, clear all data.

It could be an error on the servers part, can you post a url to the site?

#3 ·
Hi Sequal7.
First of all, thanks for taking the trouble to help me, I REALLY appreciate it!
I've tried doing all you suggested but with no luck - all I get is the background colour to the card I've selected with a small red 'x' in the top left-hand corner.
I've pasted a copy of the site addy below for you to look at, as requested.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/default.asp

This has happened before when friends have sent pictures for me to look at, and all I got
was a white screen and the little red 'x'. Could it be the security settings? They're set at default settings at the moment but I might not have certain things enabled or dis-enabled?

Thanks again,
Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.