1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to view some websites

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mchapin9, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mchapin9

mchapin9 Thread Starter

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. For a while now I have been unable to view websites such as Myspace.com, microsoft.com, msn.com and other miscellaneous websites. I can view them thru proxies, but not thru my browser. We have 3 computers, and they all used to be networked, and they all 3 have teh same problem now. I took my computer off of the network, and completely reformatted (deleted the partition and reinstalled a new fresh copy of windows) , and I still get the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

2. debibear

debibear

If you have any firewalls check the settings on them and on the windows firewall in control panel you should check its settings

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since all three computers have the same issue, I'd look in the common piece of equipment, the broadband router.

4. mchapin9

mchapin9 Thread Starter

well see, the thing is that the websites used to work, using the same modem and routers. it only stopped working a little bit ago, when my brother was surfing the web. that's why i think there might be some problems. becuase we didn't change any of the stettings in the router, and the sties used to work

5. jackdw

jackdw

Try a factory reset on the router. Usually hold in a little black button until all the lights flash.

What router do you have anyway?

6. mchapin9

mchapin9 Thread Starter

Netopia router..all the help lines provided are out of order, go figure right?

7. mchapin9

mchapin9 Thread Starter

anyone have any idea

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I gave you my idea, did you follow up on it?

9. jackdw

jackdw

Same as John, did you try my idea?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice