1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to view video streams

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by kamau rono, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kamau rono

kamau rono Thread Starter

I have installed Adobe Flash Player 9. when I attempt to view news or sports video on the internet multimedia player I get an error message; there is no input plugin to handle this location

I appreciate any help, thanks

2. WARnux

WARnux

Are you sure it's flash?
    Can you provide a link?
    Does any flash work?

3. briealeida

briealeida

Was the Flash install successful?

4. kamau rono

yes the flash was installed sucessfully

5. kamau rono

I am sure its flash player 9 that I downloaded and installed

6. emoric

emoric

7. playme123

playme123

that automatix was a life safer for a ubuntu newbie like me manged to get everything up and running after installing that, it has the codecs and plugins needed to make various applications to work.:D

8. this213

this213

9. kamau rono

I checked the installations, flashplayer is in my home directory. opened and unpacked the files to my HOME directory. I checked the location after completing installation, file are in location as stated by installation program

10. kamau rono

downloaded player from ADOBE website

11. briealeida

briealeida

Did Automatix help you:

playme123: automatix has been a life-saver for sooo many!

12. playme123

playme123

well yeah, id only just installed ubuntu, had installed wubi previously but had only used it for surfing hadnt really done alot with it.
    So when installed ubuntu on my media tower and couldnt get a dvd to play, when asked for help the advice I was given on the ubuntu forums just went way over my head to be honest, posted on here and someone gave me the link installed getautomatix and it got what I wanted , its a must for newbies just to get the basics going. The problem is us newbies have been so entrenched in windows that basically does everything for you, it comes as a bit of a shock when you have to actually find the answer yourself. Im loving ubuntu at the mo and do laugh at myself when using windows and go to do something that I would do in ubuntu. I love it for the fact that its virtually virus free and feel more secure. It rescued my media pc from the ntldr issue in windows installed it and everything is fine now. Dad is well gutted as he gave me the tower and said it didnt work.:D :D :D :D :D

13. briealeida

briealeida

Sounds great!

When I get back on Windows machines (occasionally to convert friends) i always type 'ifconfig' and 'ls' to no avail. Glad everything's solved! :)!

14. playme123

playme123

so am I was at the end of my tether that morning I can tell you media tower+window=smashed up machine was nearly going to happen

15. kamau rono

I downloaded automatix but had problems getting it too install. I have decide I need more experience with Debian/Linux , learning the shell and the use of script before installing packages. I'm getting stuck with fundamentals.
    Thanks for your help

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice