1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to watch streaming video in both Windows Media and Veoh

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sweethomenc, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweethomenc

sweethomenc Thread Starter

I'm running Windows Vista and I can't seem to watching any streaming videos in either Windows Media Player or Veoh. Windows Media simply freezes up on a white screen with no information as to what it's doing, and Veoh says "Sorry, your internet connection could not be detected." Obviously, as I'm typing and posting on my computer right now, the internet is connected. I've checked Windows Firewall and both programs are allowed through.

Any suggestions?

2. sweethomenc

sweethomenc Thread Starter

I hate to bump, but...

3. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

I don't know much about Vista, but I heard the security system on Vista is much more sophisticated and complicated compare to XP's that one thing you set wrong can prevent you from accessing certain things. How about asking the same question in the Windows Vista section? It may well be some security setting that's preventing you from reciving those steram videos.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi sweethomenc

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Please do NOT create a duplicate thread in the Vista forum.
    If you feel your thread will get more responses in a different thread, use the Report button at the bottom of your post and request to have your thread moved to that forum.

Since I am now subscribed to this thread, you can post back here and let me know if you would like your thread moved to a different forum.

Thank you.

nycmoonstar, please do not ask members to create duplicate threads. Have them use the Report button instead.

Thank you.

5. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

got ya Mod! :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice