1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unaccessable Folders

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by driver_uk2001, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driver_uk2001

driver_uk2001 Thread Starter

Hi i have recently had to purchase a new Hard Drive because my other one was getting a little old and was starting to have missing .dll files upon boot and i was sick of formatting or fixing the installation.

when i originally set up windows i added a user account for myself and when it asked if i wanted to keep the My Documents folder private i said yes. This is now causing problems as i have the old HD as a slave sp i can get off it the files i need to keep. The only problem is that i have made the My docs folder private to everyone else.

I have managed to get access to the my docs folder by changing the permissions etc but it only allows me access to the my docs folder and not the files or sub folders. it says i can take ownership of files and subfolders but when i try it does not allow me to do so.

Is there any way i can get my files from these folders please as some of them are game saves and important information which i really do require and do not have time to start from scratch.

Everything that i have tried i have tried using the Administrator account within safe mode as i was not allowed to do anything using my account within normal boot up.

I hope someone can help me as i am stuck on what to try next.

Thank You

Mick

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

remove the password from your account. Worked for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice