Unamountable Boot Volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RebelNija

When I booted up my laptop the other day, i got an error in the startup. It was a bluescreener that said

Unamountable Boot Volume If This is the First time you have seen this error, restart your computer.

and it keeps saying that.

It is an XP using HP laptop. Other than that im not to sure on the specs. Any ideas?

Reb

Are you sure it's Unamountable Boot Volume, not Unmountable Boot Volume. But yes, chances are its either a failing drive, or somthing corrupted it.

Assumed it was just a typo. Heck, half the time I spell "computers" wrong.

It could also be that some of the necessary boot files are corrupted.

If you can boot with the XP CD,
Press R at the first repair option
Run "chkdsk /r" - no quotes
Repeat with the /f and /p switches
Wait until it is done
Run "fixboot" - Again, no quotes

If that fixes things then is saves you from getting a new hard drive.

Whoooppppsss......kept thinking I was in the XP forum.

Still, try and boot with an Win98 boot disk and run scandisk instead.

You can also try running "sys c:" - no quotes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online