1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unauthorized Recipient

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ndjorgen, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ndjorgen

ndjorgen Thread Starter

I AN OWNER/MODERATOR OF A SMALL YAHOO GROUP (KITTERY CITIZENS).
    A PERSON WHO IS NOT ON THE DATABASE MEMBERSHIP IS RECEIVING OUR MESSAGES. HE WANTS OUT AND WE WANT HIM OFF OUR LIST. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I CAN DO THIS?

2. stod73

stod73

Easy on the caps there buddy...

If you have a person receiving messages that is not on your members list I would send an email to Yahoo support. Before you do double check your members list to confirm that the person is not listed.

3. ndjorgen

ndjorgen Thread Starter

First thing I did was check membership list. Checked at least four times.

Spent about an hour trying to find an e-mail address for yahoo tech support all to no avail. That's why I tried a new approach (TSG)

Last message just happened to have had caps lock on. What's the problem with caps? If I thought it was going to bother someone, I would have NEVER sent out a message in caps.

4. BillC

BillC

When you type all in Caps, it is as if you are shouting at us. Kind of like baseball mangers at umpires.

One thing the person recieving the message could do is block it. But if he or she is a nice prson and wants to help, ask them to check the properties of the message and see just where it is coming from to confirm it is you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice