1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unblocking email senders

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Exito, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exito

Exito Thread Starter

My AOL email account was hacked about two weeks ago, and AOL shut it down because it was compromised. I then googled AOL help to get assistance, and ended up calling an AOL jobber, Rhombus Technologies. I paid them $169 for a one-year contract, gave them access to my computer, and they worked on the problem. They said they had cleared the problem, and my email access was restored. However, some senders are, inexplicably, being blocked--including Delta Airlines and Hotels.Com. I have made reservations with both of them, and they have repeatedly tried to send confirmations. However, I do not receive them. I have just left a voice message for Rhombus Technologies to work on the problem again. Meanwhile, I tried to contact AOL and got another jobber, who told me--after gave him my email account--that someone from New Jersey has taken over the account and had free access to everything in my computer. This new jobber wanted to sell me a contract for $270 that would supposedly fix the problem, and he would provide me with software that would prevent its recurrence. I refused to spend more money, and am hoping Rhombus will come through. Can anyone give me some advice on this situation?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I have had aol for free since 2005 and would never pay them anything.i would either open another account with aol or get another free email account somewhere else.ive been very lucky in that ive never had anything hacked with emails or anything else. if you have a strong and hard to guess password and security question it helps a great deal.and always uncheck the box that keeps you signed in no matter what email account you use.i would also see about getting any money refunded because you certainly didnt get what you paid for.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    How are you checking your E-Mails? Via a program like Outlook or Thunderbird?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice