Unblocking Networks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chaosin

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, but I thought it was the one that matched the best.

Months ago, I set up something in my command prompt to block all wi-fi networks except for the one I used. Fast forward, now i have a new wi-fi and don't know how to unblock it.

I have a Windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop.
I am unable to back-up to a previous date because I have done so much work and do not wish to lose it.
How do I fix it? Please help!

So if you go into command prompt and run the following netsh wlan show filiters is anything listed?

Chaosin

Yes.
" Block list on the system <user>
SSID: "", Type: Infrastructure "

Is that the network your trying to unblock?
If so run the following in command prompt:
netsh wlan delete filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name" networktype=infrastructure
WLAN name = the name of the ssid

Chaosin

Nevermind what I said before.
I just had to enter it to clear the denyall filter.

Thank you so very much for your help! ^^

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online