1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'Unbreakable' encryption unveiled

Discussion in 'General Security' started by lotuseclat79, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

'Unbreakable' encryption unveiled.

Perfect secrecy has come a step closer with the launch of the world's first computer network protected by unbreakable quantum encryption at a scientific conference in Vienna.

It looks like an important milestone has been reached, now if only people can only learn not to be socially engineered by miscreants and malware - we would all be safer - and if designers can learn to design security into systems and applications.

-- Tom

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Might want to read this Tom.
    http://forums.techguy.org/tech-rela...able-quantum-cryptography-hacked-without.html

3. lotuseclat79

Hi RootBeaR,

Yeah, I posted the same article in the Science and Space thread, however, the one you reference is Norwegian, the one I reference is Austrian.

Essentially, they are two different schemes. It remains to be seen if the Norwegian technique can be used at all to crack the Austrian scheme.

-- Tom

4. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

IMO it's about as likely as ending war & terrorism or getting rid of crime. I'll agree it'd be nice, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Ever. (We've had periods without war in the past-but war has always returned. And the difference between terrorism & crime is in the observer's viewpoint so like I said, I don't think we're ever going to really get rid of them.)

5. lotuseclat79

Hi calvin-c,

I agree with you. Related to the recession that is already here is an article Ailing U.S. economy brings fears of a crime wave I saw today in the Interna'l Herald Tribune (the Global Edition of the New York Times) where after previous recessions crime increased dramatically!

-- Tom

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice