Uncrackable MS Word Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fast586

I have a situation where I work, in which someone left the company (fired) and has a passworded MS Word document. I have tried to crack the password using various programs but having gotten anywhere. Does anyone know of a way or program that could help me out here? My company needs access to this particular document for some reason. So, if someone has something that works, please let me know. I would be most appreciative.

fast586

fast586 said:
I have a situation where I work, in which someone left the company (fired) and has a passworded MS Word document. I have tried to crack the password using various programs but having gotten anywhere. Does anyone know of a way or program that could help me out here? My company needs access to this particular document for some reason. So, if someone has something that works, please let me know. I would be most appreciative.

fast586
If you can't open the document, copy and paste, try using a translation program (on the Mac side, it would be MacLink) to see if it will translate the data into another document (or text file). There might be some garbage at the beginning or end of the file, but it might work.

Last resort: If you have a clean hard copy of the document, scan it in and use an optical character recognition program to make a new file. Will require good proofing if document has lots of numbers.

Maybe someone else will come back with a better answer for you. Sorry--I'm not that up to date on the PC side.

fast586

Thanks guys/gals for your help. I'm still looking for something that will crack this password. I've tried your suggestions but have come up emtpy. I'm sure there is something out there that will crack this password. There has to be. It's a just a matter of finding it. So, I'll keep looking but I wanted to thank you both for your help so far.

fast586

Most programs I've seen for trying to crack Word documents basically have to use brute force, which can take quite a while.

In your first post, you mention that you have tried a few. Which ones were these.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online