Underclocked RAM how do I remove?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alphaomegase

Hi everyone, here is my question:

I have a HP Pavilion xt928
Windows XP Pro
256 MB RAM (underclocked)
Dual HDD
128 MB Video Card

I have checked the hp site and found that the motherboard for my computer runs PC 133 SDRAM as PC100. I have asked others and been told that my RAM is underclocked. I want to remove the underclocking....how do I do this? Should I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

there is two ways ram clocking are controlled

1.In the bios
2. with a jumper.

option 2 is rare so i doubt it is your case. and you may not have control in your bios but it does not hurt to check either.

Chances are the motherboard only supports PC100 so PC133 (which is backward compatible with PC100) will run in the board but only at PC100 speeds. I do not think you can change it.

and also your cpu probly only supports a fsb of 100mhz you overclock it to 133mhz probly would become unstable and crash alot.

alphaomegase

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help. I am just going to get a new motherboard and processor. This thread can be marked solved. Again, I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online