Undetectable rat??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hpmess

i recently had my computer hijacked through remote access technology (RAT). i had on my computer at the time norton 360 and it did not pick it up or prevent it from being downloaded. after i knew it was on my computer (RAT), i installed 'nod 32' and ran it. it also did not detect it.

question: is there any software available that detects RAT, as well as keyloggers?

2nd question: i'm not sure how it got installed on my computer in the first place. i was sent emails by this person and i guess i opened one of the emails, but didn't click on any links in the email. i'm guessing that just by opening the email that the RAT was able to be installed. would you agree? or is it possible if someone has your ip that they could install RAT without sending you an email or me having to do anything, that they could do it 100% on their own end (which doesn't seem possible, but i don't know much about it). trying to figure out how to keep my computer safe! COULD THEY DO IT 100% ON THEIR OWN IF THEY KNEW MY IP ADDRESS AND I DIDN'T OPEN ANY EMAILS FROM THEM, etc....???

thanks!
T

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online