1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Undo deletes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by TIGGERRRR01, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TIGGERRRR01

TIGGERRRR01 Thread Starter

I was trying to send my files to my D Drive to free up space on to my c drive . in doing this I deleted some nessicary files . For example . my yahoo messenger does not allow me to see the message being sent back to me . My music match will not launch . says , missing the mmjblaunch. I have in turn redownloaded the software for these programs . just to have the same problem resurface . I am running windows 98 secon edition . own a gateway .please help me if you can . i have no problem emptying my computor and starting all over again , but i have close to 2,000 music files i would hate to lose .
    thank you , melinda

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

Try running scanreg restore. to do this, restart in dos, type in "scanreg /restore" at the C prompt, be sure to leave a space before the / and don't include the the quotes, hit enter, select a date before the problem occured(using arrow keys), and hit enter. Post back with results...Rhett

3. rhettman5

rhettman5

I was Pm'd with the following, any one else wanna take a shot ??

"I did as you said , fixed my messenger , my music files now recognize the music match , but i still dont have the mmjblaunch exe for it . I do thank you for your help. Thank you "

... I will look a litle further, perhaps someone else has a take !
    Tigger, Thanks for the praise, but always post back to the thread so others can help , many people are watching (most smarter than I :) ) When all is normal, I will be glad to hear about it !!...Rhett

4. TIGGERRRR01

Saw the link to click on after comeing back to the page , to reply to my problem . The scanreg /restore , it worked for my messenger . what should i do about the music match not being able to launch?........ and yes you are wonderful . thanks again

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

mmjb.exe? When you moved the folder you orphaned it. Then you did a scanreg /restore. Where does the registry say the file is? If it isn't in that location, it won't be found. First, try moving the Music Match Folder back to where it was (most likely C:\program files )when the registry you are using thinks it is.

Otherwise, uninstall the software and reinstall it to the location you want to use. EDIT: But the problem doing that wilkl be that when the uninstlal looks for files, they won't be where it thinks they are. Move the Folder back and see if the program works.

6. rhettman5

rhettman5

Mosaic has the answer,
    probably the easiest is to go to add/remove programs and remove Music Match, then reinstall,
    if you have playlist though, you may lose them, in that case, do a search for Music Match and put it back in Programs as Mosaic suggested.
    You may have do do as Mosaic suggested and move the program first, as the uninstaller won't be able to find it, but, if you do that, it should work w/o reinstalling :)
    Hope this all makes sense, late here !! I will check back tomorrow !!...Rhett

7. TIGGERRRR01

thanks guys , it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i need to know how to transfer all my music files and the juke box safely to my d drive . so i don't boo boo again like that . big hug!!!! you solved a headache

8. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

First, to safeguard all your music files, make a copy of the Music Folder and put it somewhere safe. Be sure to check that all your files have been safely copied. (That's a lot of music. Do you have a Burner? I would back that up to CD if possible) Then uninstall MMJB.

Reboot. Reinstall MMJB to the drive where you want it to be. The first time you start it, it will create the Music Folder again. I haven't been using this program for a while. It's a resource hog. But I know you will be able to transfer your files back to the MMJB folder. If the program doesn't do it, then you can do it manually using Windows Explorer. Again, copy. Don't move. When you copy, you still have the original in case of a catastrophe in the movin/copying process. then you can delete the other folder if you like.

9. TIGGERRRR01

Thank you once again. will do what you said .actually have gotten help and it worked!!!! on the first try at that !!! im very impressed !! kudoes !!!....melinda :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice