Undoing "Take No Action" for a Camcorder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Larry_Dunn

I made a big mistake on my new PC.

I plugged my camcorder into my PC to capture video using MyDVD Plus, and when the PC found the camcorder it gave me a menu, asking me what to do with the new device. I clicked on Take No Action, then "Don't show this screen again."

This was apparently a dumb move. Before, the software found the device and allowed me to capture video. Now, it does not find the device, and all the capturing action buttons in MyDVD are greyed. I looked at sonic's tech help screen, and there was something involving alteration of msconfig which I then duly did (unclicking a certain item), but it didn't help.

How do I get my PC to ask me what to do with it again? I mean, how do I undo the "do not ask me again" that I clicked? Whenever I plug my camcorder in now, the PC does nothing. It does not recognize it. I assume that's what's causing the software to not find the camcorder.

Edit: I should add that when I go into My Computer and Hardware, the PC finds the camcorder.

Thanks.

Triple6

Rob
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Look for an device with an error and uninstall it by right-clicking on it.

Note, that you may have to run the installation CD or driver before plugging in the camera the next time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online