1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unepic Gaming Lag

Discussion in 'Games' started by elbow_sock, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elbow_sock

elbow_sock Thread Starter

yeah, i really have nothing else running at the same time, when im just cruisin the internet it sits at about 14% but as soon as i play a game it max's out at 100%

2. iRiguez

iRiguez

3. elbow_sock

sorry, but thats really not helpful. how would i be able to revert my computer back to the way it use to perform?

-thank you

4. fmanks

fmanks

Just a thought:confused:
    Some games don't work with dual core computers.
    But i don't think laptops can be dual core.
    But if they can be dual core and yours is, that could be the problem.
    The game places 100% on both cores and then makes it lag.
    If you activate task manager while the game loads and put all the pressure on one core, the second core cleans up all the lag from the first one.
    But I don't think your laptop would be dual core but check just in case.

;)

5. elbow_sock

thanks for tryin, but my laptop isn't any other suggestions?

6. fmanks

fmanks

My mind has gone completely blank but i will post a reply if there is something that gets through my mental blank;)
    Hopefully we can figure this out.

7. fmanks

fmanks

Just had idea!!!:eek:
    But i'm not sure you will want to.
    How far are you into the game because if you are not that far from starting you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This could work:cool:

8. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

If it's really driving you that crazy then you can try formatting it and reinstalling Windows and reinstall your games. That way you know you've got a clean hard drive and if it still doesn't work, it is most likely hardware related..

Like people have been saying, it could be that your laptop is overheating at moments.. Can cause damage.

9. fmanks

fmanks

What about system restore if you know what date it started stuffing up you can restore to a point before it lagged. If you don't know what system restore is i can tell you its easy.
    If that doesn't work then its probably a hardware problem because system restore should cover software problems unless its a virus. (doubt it)

Flynt

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024769