Unexpected continous restarts in a 2 day old pc...

bardofdeath

specs are:
ryzen 5
3060ti
16gb ram
msi 550m pro vdh
cooler master 750W gold

is working on all stress tests for hours such as cinebench, but will reboot in every game - valorant, warzone etc, tech support says faulty psu, but it has already rebooted even in idle 1 to two times, i just dont want to do this all over again after getting a different psu, can anyone help?

Couriant

James
Have you checked the Event Viewer to see what could be causing the restarts?

The reliability history can also show you the information. Do you get any BSODs?

crjdriver

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Post these twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Let the stress test run for at least 2min before posting a screenshot of your monitoring program.
I try and not use msi boards however I am sure they have monitoring software available for download on the support page for your board. Use the purpose designed software for this task.

The specs on your pw supply look pretty decent however I am not a fan of coolermaster pw supplies on a gaming or overclocking system.

Have you tested your ram? If not, download memtest. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Run memtest for at least 1hr. If you find any errors, you have found your problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online