Unexpected error excel 2010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aacceob

Hi

Has anybody found a solution to
'Unexpected error has occurred ,auto save disabled ' and I cannot save manually ..The sheet becomes frozen
I have been having this problem since I started using 2010 and thought it was old excel spreadsheets not being compatible
Now I have new spreadsheets and I have the same problem ....I keep losing what I have done ...

It is driving me crazy ,thanks in advance for any help

aacceob - lets start with your Excel Save information. Sounds like options may nor be enabled, or the save location is in a folder without permissions to write to it. Try File > Options > Save. 2 checkboxes for AutoRecover should be checked. Typically, the location for autosave is under a roaming profile\microsoft\excel folder. This is good. The Default File Location should not be C:\, but rather C:\Users\YOU\Documents. See how this flies and let us know.
AutoRecover exceptions (Disable) is generally not needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts