1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unexpected Shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jazaa.raian, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jazaa.raian

jazaa.raian Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jazaa Raian
    Hey Guys ! Good day !
    First time post here xD

Can someone help me how to fix my computer ? The problem is when I done reinstalling windows 7 on my computer, it start to shutdown unexpectedly unlike the old times. I dunno why ?
    BTW, my computer still don't have driver yet. Is that the reason why ? or its my problem in power supply ?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Power supply, over heating (fans not working) or bad memory.

You need to a) test the power supply b) open the case make sure it is clean inside and all fans are working and c) test the memory sticks.

3. jazaa.raian

jazaa.raian Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jazaa Raian
    Ok ! I'll try that. Thanks !

BTW how to test the memory sticks ?

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Memory Tes
    http://www.memtest.org/

The downloads are below the screenshots of what the test looks like when running.

You can either download the zipped ISO and burn to a CD or download the autoinstaller for a USB key.

You boot the computer either from the CD or the USB stick.

If an error shows, you can stop the test because this is saying one or more of the sticks are bad. You can start with all the sticks and let the test run for 8 pases.

If an error shows, stop, remove all but 1 stick and test each stick alone until you discover which stick is bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice