1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unexpected shutdown

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dragynmyrlin, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragynmyrlin

dragynmyrlin Thread Starter

I recently updated Mozilla Firefox (just this week). Ever since, my computer has shut down randomly several times each day, every day since. It is always when I have left it for a while and I come back and it's shut down, waiting for my password to restart. It isn't off, just in restart mode. It shuts off every night when I put it in sleep mode so when I come back in the morning I have to restart instead of just waking it, and it shuts down during the day when it is not in sleep mode. I tried to uninstall the most recent update but it wanted to uninstall Firefox instead. Not sure what to do.

I have a Dell Inspirion about 4 years old, running Windows Vista 32 bit. I use Firefox exclusively although IE is installed. I don't run any complicated programs at all and use Kaspersky for my anti-virus, which seems to work perfectly.

2. bp936

bp936

Welcome to TSG.

I would download the latest version of Firefox again, Then uninstall the one that seems to be the problem, and install the newly downloaded version. Something might have gone wrong with the previous update, it happens.

Also, first I would make a "System Restore point" before doing anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice