Unexpected Shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vinwin06

Hi,

I am using windows 7 ultimate, for the past few days i am getting an unexpected shutdown. I don't know what should be reason. I think there was a problem in BIOS setting was not updated. So i updated BIOS setting also. Please find my system information.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ADMIN-PC
System Manufacturer INTEL
System Model DG31PR
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, 2600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. PRG3110H.86A.0071.2010.0318.1704, 3/18/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory D:\Windows
System Directory D:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

See the highlighted line showing that BIOS setting also updated. What else i need to do to resolve this issue.

In my action center there was one message , please find below ;

Consider BIOS upgrade

Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.
During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

Can someone help on this to solve this issue.

Regards,

Vinoth S

vinwin06

Please find the error details of the unexpected shutdown

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 88AEE553
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: 0xD1_NETIO!InvalidateFlowContextTable+f
Server information: f37c66d0-3d94-4ea6-8865-60c67567f9a4

TerryNet

Terry
Some of the more common culprits are power supply, memory and hard drive. Run any diagnostics, if any, that your BIOS includes. Memtest86+ is a popular RAM test. Run chkdsk and you can probably get good diagnostics from your hard drive manufacturer.

TerryNet

Terry
I can only think of two ways to fix your issue:

a. replace drivers and software and hardware until the problem goes away; or

b. troubleshoot to discover what's causing the problem and then apply an appropriate fix. The Action Center message you quoted is, of course, an attempt to help you get started on this path.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online