Unexpected Shutdowns

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PatricSharn

My PC shuts down unexpectedly. The event viewer just states the kernel power down statement. The power supply is above my system requirements, and I performed the following tests:
a) tested a different graphics card
b) tested different hard drives
c) used EVEREST to monitor the temperatures, all more than normal
d) tested different combination of the RAMS
e) performed a clean install, ALL genuine software
I am wrong to believe that this is an inherent fault of my power supply (my ***** expensive power supply, which is labeled as champion series)

CPU: Intel Core i7 2.67, 2.79
RAM: 3x2GB DDR3 RAM 1066
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE EX58-UD4
VIDEO ADAPTER: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
AUDIO ADAPTER: Realtek ALX888/1200 Audio Adapter
HARD DISKS: Seagate Baracuda 1T and Western Digital 1.5T
POWER SUPPLY: OCZ FATAL1TY 700W Champion Series

I WANT YOUR SPECS -,-

I have the same problem before. Hmmm do you mean it turns off automatically? Maybe your cooler or fan does not work? Sometimes when your processors are overheated (well before it turns out to be) your system autoamtically shuts down or turns off. But idk, your system is quite much better. i7 <-- I want this!

PatricSharn

My CPU fan is working steadily at 1136 and the one of the two side fans at 1395 RPM out of 2500RPM, while the average temperature of the CPU is mere 42 C. So it does not seem to be a problem, and I have cleaned the PC from all dust.
The average temp of the GPU is troubling me, the old MSI graphics card reached easily 75 C as well as the new NVIDIA cards has reached 75C when gaming. I esteem these to be high temperatures for a PC, not that I know of GPU temperatures, but since both cards reach that high it might be normal. Additionally, computer shut downs do not solely occur when gaming, it has even happened before I logged into Windows.

About my specs, I managed to collect the money to buy that PC after battling for the past 8 years with extremely low spec PC, 128MB RAM, 256MB GPU memory and PIII 1.3GHz, so I hoped it worked more smoothly. Now PCs are much cheaper so if you can put aside 50 Euros a month you can get a much better one in less than two years.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online