1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unexpected shutdows =$

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dilmano, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dilmano

dilmano Thread Starter

my computer unexpectedly shuts down if too many applications are open (around 4+), and if i run a certain java run game. it switches of, asif the power has been cut, and cannot be started up again immidiatly. it takes about a minute before i can start it up again. its been like this for at least a month,andi cant stand power failures every 20 mins :mad:. plz help :)

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Open the case make sure it is clean and all fans are running - sounds like an overheat

3. Newbie07

Newbie07

Agreed. Most computers have a setting that allows the computer to shut off automatically if it becomes too hot to an extent in which the computer might become damaged. Make sure your internal components aren't becoming to hot. To reduce heat inside of the computer, make sure you have the proper circulation and venting. If your case has legs, it will stand a short distance above the surface so air can circulate beneath the computer. Also, if your case doesn't have proper ventillation [e.g.) improper placement of vents and/or not enough fans] it can easily overheat. Lastly, make sure your computer unit is not enclosed in a cabinet or shell. If it is located in some kind of nook in your computer desk, make sure there is plenyt of room on the left and right side of the tower, as well as no sort of blockage in the front or back of the computer. [e.g. cabinet door/backpanel] Hope this helps. :eek:

4. MogZy

MogZy

i had a propblem just like this the other day if you have just made any upgrades check that the chip is running at the right speed and all wires are connected inside the box if not just clean all of the fans and rest of the case (as said above) if this still does not work you have either got faulty software. viruses, not enough memory, or your power supply is broken

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/406006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice