1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unexplainable connection problems, help please.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mattayo45, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mattayo45

Mattayo45 Thread Starter

So after returning from a vacation in late July my computer couldn't connect and we knew that some storms had gone through the area so we assumed something had been damaged. We replaced all hardware at first besides the tower itself (cords, modem, router etc) and all connect perfectly with the other tower we tried. So we know it isn't part of that.

We know it isn't software or some kind of virus because the connection was perfect the last time it was used before we left, nothing could have been put or got its way onto it.

The only thing I don't know for sure is if gateway repaired it correctly. We sent it in and got it back 6 weeks later with a letter saying: "chassis, LAN, and modem all repaired, working correctly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bad repair because everyone we asked said it was the network card (it's integrated into the motherboard) although that might be what they meant by modem.

So, what else could it be? I'm a few days from just demanding a full replacement or refund from Gateway

Please help, thx

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you getting error messages when you try to connect?

3. Mattayo45

Mattayo45 Thread Starter

no, I can technically connect I guess but for example, google will take 5 minutes to load and even then only show bits and pieces of the images.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since Gateway "repaired" it, and now it's broken, it seems clear where to turn. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice