1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unexplained Noise.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by |X|trem[3], Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. |X|trem[3]

|X|trem[3] Thread Starter

When I booted my PC up today, it started making very weird and loud noise. From scratching, to humming. It's really freaking me out, and I don't know what to do.
    I am doing a virus scan right now, and will download and update HiJack This as soon as I can.
    If any of you had this problem in the past, or know what it is, please help me out.

2. insolent

insolent

Sounds kinda like a dust bunny is trapped in a fan. Try a burst of compressed air. Or it could be one of your cables is slightly rubbing against a fan (especially the side case fan. This happens to me).

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You need to figure out where the noise is coming from, take the sides off the case. If it's coming from the hard drive, start backing stuff up ASAP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice