1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unexplained Sudden Speaker Static

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by etnalibrarygirl, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etnalibrarygirl

etnalibrarygirl Thread Starter

I own an Averatec 3200 laptop with a vinyl ac'97 codec combo driver and just in the last day I've gone from having perfect sound, to having scratchy, crackly sound in my speakers. The laptop is about 6-7 years old, and I've never had problems with it. There are moments where the sound is fine when I'm testing it through the Vinyl Deck program on my laptop, then other times where the crackle comes out. I had my laptop restart itself yesterday unexpectedly and when restarted, Microsoft said there was a problem with my sound card. I ignored it, then this morning there was a blue screen that shut me down completely. When I restarted my computer, the sound was in the crackle stage. Prior to that, even yesterday, the sound was fine.

I have started using 8tracks.com for listening to music, and I just downloaded an update for Adobe Flash Player. I can't remember what update it was, I just loaded it this morning, right after the blue screen.

I've tried updating my drivers for the sound card, system restoring, changing settings and running Microsoft's Fixit, tool for speaker testing, and disabling and enabling the sound system. To no avail. I'm still getting a serious distortion and crackle from both speakers and headsets. I'm not sure about uninstalling the sound driver as I am not familiar with such things.

I would love some help in this department.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice