Unicode ifstream problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

olschol

Hi everyone

I dont know if I am reading UNICODE the best way but I read from a UCS-2 file using a standard binary stream then I use peek and ignore to ignore any buffered 0x00 characters (this is for a mixed ASCII and UCS-2 file).

I am however having a problem in one area. I f anyone could help me I would be greatful.

I am reading a file path and name from my unicode file which I use again in a stream in my program. The problem is that the file handle dosent seem to be setting properly and I cant read from the file. If i use get(ch), i just get a stream of characters which are the same until my buffer is full. I thought the problem may relate to a typecast problem where I would have to cast to char* or something to try and get the stream to initialise properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks! (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online