1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unidentified network-Limited connectivity issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lankasulaim, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lankasulaim

lankasulaim Thread Starter

Hi!

I have been using an Unidentified network for free internet connection where I live for sometime. I do not have access to the router or anything.
    But suddenly internet has stopped working and it states Limited Connectivity.
    I have tried few things like rebooting, disabling and and then again enabling the status of the connection, etc without any luck.
    What should I do?
    Please help me guys....The internet connection was awsome and completely free for me!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So who does this network belong too? We need more details if we are to assist you.

3. lankasulaim

A neighbour who happens to be my friend!

4. lankasulaim

Also, My other flat mates have been using the same connection and their connection is still working!

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sorry, that's not allowed under the ISP contract. Subscribers to a service are not allowed to share their service with neighbors. Additionally there's no way to verify if you have permission to use this person's network anyway, especially when you say you have no access to the router. Sorry, gonna have to close this thread.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice