1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved unidentified network using ethernet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mr.N, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

If my network is unidentified there is a problem in my NIC?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

im using my pc well and having internet connection.. the other day they just renovate my place and they hit my cat6 cable and spoiled the wires so i cut it and put RJ45 and now when i open my pc my network is not identified anymore..what cause this problem?the only thing i change is the RJ45 and its detected also but unidentified network?

i tried to disabled and enable it but still the same i diagnose the problem and it said that should unplug the router or domain.. but im using switch to connect my ethernet cable.. the other PC is working well..and i start using the other pc ethernet cable and still the same problem.. any got an idea what happen and how to solve?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Explain where unidentified network appears.

4. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

in my LAN..i tried to connect the cable in my laptop and i got internet..but when i connect it at my desktop it is unidentified.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I think Liz meant where do you see the 'unidentified' message, in which programs window ?

6. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

in windows 10..it work properly before only after renovation in the office when i connect everything its not now identifying.. i dont think that the windows got to do with it..after cleaning the CPU and and the RAM it all happens..thats why i am asking if the NIC is faulty even its not identifying.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Most likely there is more damaged or you didn't put the end on right. Did you use the proper crimping tool and did you line up the colors correctly to match the other end?

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Yes but which part of Windows 10, what does it say at the top of the window you see the message in ?

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Are you removing the cable from the laptop and then connecting it to your desktop?
    You should have a router and use 2 cables to connect 2 devices with 2 cables not one cable.

If you only have a modem and are moving the cable from one computer to another, it won't work unless you power down the modem then connect the wire to a different computer and power the modem back up.

10. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

i got a network switch and it was working properly before..after that it didnt work well..so i try to connect the ethernet cable in the laptop and its ok..the only matters is that when i connect it in the desktop its not identifying

11. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

of course its ok cause i tried the cable in the laptop and its identifying..and i have an internet the only problem is that when connected to the CPU its not identifying

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It's not an "Of course it's OK cause I tried the cable in the laptop" since you decided to leave that information out of the second thread you started and left out the damaged cable in the first thread, if you want help you need to only start one thread and post all the info into a single thread not two threads with partial information in each one. I've merged your two threads into one so people have all the information in one spot.

You need to take the desktop and test with a different cable and see if it works or doesn't with a different cable.

13. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

i already tried that one too..i want to delete this thread but i dont know how..i already change the mother board and its detecting now.. i think the NIC may be defect cause it works will in the new mother board.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Threads are not deleted when solved, you can mark it as solved using the "Mark Solved" at the top of the first post.

15. Mr.N

Mr.N Thread Starter

nobody ever solve this problem

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice