1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninsaller with ability to delete orphan files, leftover bits of programs, etc.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by referee07, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a program that will completely uninstall programs and also get rid of fragments of programs that were leftover by previous attempts at uninstalling programs, broken links, bogus registry files, etc? Thanks in advance.

2. emanon

emanon

I use Norton SystemWorks. It includes CleanSweep, Which monitors installs, and will completely remove anything it monitors. It wont clean programs already installed, Just the ones installed after installing CleanSweep. SystemWorks also includes Norton Utilities, Which has WinDoctor. WinDoctor will clean your registry, fix broken links, etc... SystemWorks also comes with Norton Anti-Virus. I have used SystemWorks since 98, and wouldnt use a PC without it :)

3. TripleRLtd

TripleRLtd

Regseeker is a freeware utility which does much of what WinDoctor does:
    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

BTW
    I have also used NSW for years and have noticed it getting more buggy with every passing year.
    I would not have CleanSweep running in the background monitoring everything, or have anything like System Doctor running: BIG time resource hogs.
    Only NAV!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/184076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice