Uninstall Corrupt File - Windows 10

IDemandAPanda

Hello,

I’m trying to play Windows 95 games on my Windows 10 computer but am having some problems. When I tried to install one game, it only got to 83%. I waited a while before I eventually had to close the program using the Task Manager. As a result, the file became corrupted and will only let me play parts of the game.

So, I tried to uninstall it the traditional way as well as by using Revo Uninstaller (with the intention of installing it again from scratch). Both methods gave me a message saying “The log file is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.”

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do next? Thank you for your help!

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try installing it again, it may overwrite the corrupt file with the correct one.

IDemandAPanda

The only option I see related to install is "Install or run program for your media." But when I click on this, it just starts the [incomplete] program. I tried accessing it both from My PC and the start menu without any luck.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can't you just do what you did when you originally installed it again ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts