1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstall IE 6

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by reneirwolf878, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

I want to uninstall IE6. I'm using FireFox and completely satisfied with it. I tried looking at MS's website and it tells me that I need to go into Add/Remove in teh control panel to do it.
    However a few weeks back I had posted saying that my Add/Remove shows nothing at all and I have to remove programs using the registry to find the uninstall string.
    Now, I'm no expert, or even that comfortable working with the registry but how would I go about removing IE6? I cannot find it under the section where I uninstall other programs from. Thanks for any help.

2. bobol

bobol

I use firefox too, but have IE6 still aboard to fetch my Windows Updates.

3. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

not a good idea. too much still depends on IE. especially window updates. about the only way to REALLY get rid of it. get a system that runs linux or you can buy an apple. :eek:

4. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

Ah, alright thanks. I guess I won't be doing that anymore.

5. Kramer55

Kramer55

I use firefox all the time as well, but I do keep IE for Windows Updates and sometimes firefox blocks certain popups that you dont want it to that SP2 allows

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice