1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstall ie6 trouble, pls help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by virakamp, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. virakamp

virakamp Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have no uninstall in add/remove in control panel.Pls tell how to uninstall ie6.
    Thanks
    A.K.jain

2. Gram123

Gram123

Can't guarantee it at present, but don't you just go to Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup (or something similar) and remove it from there?

Gram

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

What operating system?

4. virakamp

virakamp Thread Starter

My os is win98
    When I click add/remove in control panel and then MIE 6sp1 IT ... I get 2 options 1..add a component 2..repair explorer , the 3rd option restore previous window configuration is in background for no access. I tried both options but problem is same. Why I want to uninstall IE6 is because it again and again has to be closed following illegal operation error massage when I open more than 2 or 3 windows.It does not bear opening pages in more windows.It has become useless for me.I did windows setup 2-3 times on different occasions but in vain to cure my problem.I fear removing windows edition.
    Thanks for you are taking interest in my problem.

5. mach9

mach9

virakamp- You can remove it in XP, at least XP Pro. I don't recall being able to do so in 98SE; you've obviously tried and not succeeded. How about installing the free and excellent Mozilla Firefox and using it as your default browser and not use IE6 at all? I'm a happy camper since I did same. IE6 was trouble in 98 and in XP too. I just ignore it. Mozilla (.org) is much more satisfactory, less prone to hijacks, has tab browsing, is fast and efficient. And doesn't leave a bad taste. Mary Ann

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

You had better just reinstall IE6. The option to uninstall it is only available if you saved a backup of your previous version of IE. If the option is grayed out, there is no backup.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice