1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstall Norton INternet Security

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by zekeone, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zekeone

zekeone Thread Starter

I am using a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP 5.1, Service pack 2. I have 653312 KB of memory available. I have a 56k modem with a dialup connection.

I have Norton Internet Security installed, but the contract expired a number of years ago. I have been using the free Antiviral protection provided by AOL since the Norton contract expired. The computer is really running slowly at this point, and I would like to uninstall the Norton, as I am trying to rule out the possibility of some sort of program incompatibility. When I try to remove the program, a message appears: A Norton Internet Security Account with Superviros access must be loggin in to uninstall this product. If Norton Internet Securty is not running, click start menu, select Norton Internet Securtiy, and log in. When I follow all of the instructions, I eventually come to a window which requests a password, which I have no memory of establishing. Is there a way around the need for a password, or a way to get a copy of the password from Norton???

Thanks!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. yetiwarrior

yetiwarrior

To speedup your computer try using System Mechanic. You can control what you want to auto-start with windows. Then try a new version MemTurbo to control what processes are running (And slowing down your computer) with icons to show what they are.

4. Support4U

Support4U

Hi, ur issue is very simple ...u can do one of the following
    1. if asks for password leave the password blank and it ok or try to login ..u will be logged in as a supervisor. and then try to uninstall it from add/remove programs.
    or
    2 use the norton removal tool (guess this is simpler)
    www.symantec.com/nrt
    how ever this link for removal tool is only good for norton antivirus / internet security 2003 to 2007 and not earlier version..but i under stand that u should be having norton internet security versions between 2003 - 2007
    if earlier version then visit the following site and download the suitable removal tool
    www.symantec.com/autotool:up: :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice