Uninstall or Removing Windows 98 Revolutions Pack 3.6?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Doc Holliday

Whoops! I didn't realize what I was getting my computer into by loading this software. Now that I realize that it chokes the system resources and causes all sorts of conflict, I don't need it in my system. Of course the program came without an uninstall and a whole set of new dll's loaded into the Windows\System <dir>. Anybody have an idea on how to remove this program in short of re-formatting the HD. HELP!!!

Why not contact the company that made the prog and ask for uninstall advice or at the very least give you a list of the files you can manually remove!

I think if I were you I would restart the computer, hold down the control key until the menu appears, Select the C: prompt option.

Type in:

scanreg /restore

It should list about 5 dates. Choose a date before the install when windows was running well. Restore at that point.
(y)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
D_H:

That's one of the big differences between Windows 98SE and Windows XP - all the graphic eye candy. If you've got an old computer with a slow processor and limited RAM, all that extra eye candy will place a hit on overall performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After you restart in DOS mode and go to a command prompt and do a

SCANREG /RESTORE

(Note: Don't select the registry copy with the oldest date)

do a find of files and folders on

*.DLL

When the list appears, look for the ones that are associated with that program, then delete them. You might also do the same with

*.VXD

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online