Uninstall OS 9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roni_hi

I am using a mac G4 with both OS9 and OSX. The day has come to uninstall OS9 but can't figure it out. There are no uninstall options on the OS9 discs. Any suggestions?

Drag the OS 9 System Folder (the one called "System Folder" with the orange-ish "9" on it) to the trash. Drag the "Applications (Mac OS 9)" folder to the trash. Empty the trash.

Pray you didn't delete something from an OS 9 application/file that you might someday need.

roni_hi

that simple hey? i didnt think the whole 'just trash it' would apply to Operating Systems also. Yep, im all backed up. Thanks for that. I guess I'll do the same for Classic too.

OR if you caqnnot get permissions to do that in OS X boot your mac with an OS 9 startup disk then drag all the Mac os 9 folders and application foldewrs to the trash. Bingo!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online