1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstall roxio easy creator 6 how

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pmmanagement, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmmanagement

pmmanagement Thread Starter

Anybody have any idea how to uninstall roxie easy creator platinum. I have it...I hate it...I want to get rid of it....can not find an uninstall anywhere....even tried a search of the cd I used to install it...

2. spruce

spruce

Try looking into program files

3. pmmanagement

I did....I have looked and looked....I've done every search I can think of. I have found zillions of files and folders...but none for uninstall....I'm scared to death to just go in and start deleting...for fear of what I may delete I'm not supposed to.

4. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

Is their a version number?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What about in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in the Control Panel?

6. pmmanagement

I tried the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

7. pmmanagement

I tried the add/remove programs in control panel first....it started installing and then the program blocks in my task tray...multiplied big time....turned yellow orange...began blinking...I like to have never got them turned off & got my system to restart.... Actually had to unplug the power cord from back of computer...& when rebooted ..... got message that roxio had disabled drivers that would make my system not function properly....I had to restore system to 2 days ago to get rid of that.

8. pmmanagement

The version # is Roxio CD Easy Creator 6 Platnimum....I'm using Windows XP Pro.

9. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

I guess the the only thing I can tell you is try running the updates HERE and then try uninstalling it. I have heard very bad reviews about this and a lot of problems because of it. If that doesn't work try reinstalling it from the cd or maybe their is a repair option on it (probably not) But give it a try.
    Good Luck
    TK

10. pmmanagement

OH my goodness that update thing was huge part of the beginning of this nightmare. I needed some accounting figures I had on a cd (created with roxie 5 incidentally), all I wanted to do was view the info. I incerted the cd...my computer & d drive...all ------- broke loose... roxie auto started trying to update a windows NT file (never had NT)....I tried to stop it and the whole system went nuts.... When I rebooted I was directed to roxie site for creater 6 update that's when my system started...going blank...not shutting down...just black..then blink scared me to death....This is $75 software....right now I'd be tempted to pay $175 to be rid of it. It's still prompting me I have files to put on cd at boot up. I've searched through my startup file etc....there's no sign of a program.....If I had the means to back up my files & hard drive....I would restore my systerm back 2 months.....there's just enough of roxie left in here that I can't use another software!!!

11. bozz

bozz

Okay.....take a deep breath.....relax :)

-Put your Roxio cd in your cd-rom and select setup.exe if it doesn't automatically prompt you.

-Click next until you come to a screen that has options to "Modify", "Repair" or "Remove". Since you don't see "Easy CD Creator 6 Platinum" in your Add/Remove Programs>select "Repair".

-If you don't see those three options>proceed and re-install Roxio.

-After you reboot, try it.

-DirectX also may be an issue if your latest DirectX install is botched.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

-If you are still having problems, with the cd in>go to Add/Remove Programs and remove.

-If it still doesn't show up there, proceed with the second step with the cd>select "Remove".

I actually had to re-format once because I didn't use the cd to un-install/repair Roxio. That was only because I downloaded an update, didn't like it and tried to uninstall "without the cd".

I have had no problems what-so-ever with version 5.0 and installing the 5.1 update.
    http://users.resentment.org/windowsxp/roxio.htm

"If it ain't broke....Leave it alone". :)

12. pmmanagement

You were sooooo right. I had to reinstall os, improper uninstall messed me up so bad.

I went back to the 5 basic and updated....it still doesn't work. I'm so fed up with Roxio.

Is there another alternative out there somewhere. Roxio and my windows xp just doesn't seem to work.

13. bozz

bozz

Sorry you have had such bad luck with Roxio. I've been using it for a long time without any problems, except for the one problem which was my own fault.

I've seen Nero recommended a lot. Never tried it myself.
    http://www.nero.com/us/index.html

I'm sure there are some good free programs out there. Maybe someone can recommend some.

14. pmmanagement

To be honest I don't know if it's roxio or me....

I'm such a gooff up sometimes...It could be I'm doing something wrong.

I just don't know how to figure out what.

15. pmmanagement

I just spoke with Roxio customer service, the tech just SWORE to me that all you have to do to uninstall Roxio EC Pltn 6 is just go to the control panel and remove it. I ask him why they don't have uninstall instructions somewhere and why haven't they said that you need to put the cd in first before doing the remove...he said it wasn't necessary....
    I told him that it certainly was...that they need to try it sometime that you can't remove without it & I would have never known if it wasn't for a Tech in a forum tell me. Can you believe these people?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice