Uninstall Snafu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mardigrasvet

i was cleaning up my computer hard drive and uninstalled some programs that were not used since 2005. at least that is what i thought. now, excel and microsoft word are gone. i went into restore and tried to restore microsoft xp office, but the computer tells me to insert the disk. i do not have the disk. any other options? thanks

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor

valis

eugene:

welcome to tsg. While I presume that your intentions were good in your original post, I've edited it to not include torrent usage, as that is agains the forum rules. May want to browse pass that area.

Thanks,

v

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Even if it came preinstalled on your computer, I would think you should have the install disks somewhere.

valis

no worries.....you'd be surprised at the amount of people that miss those on the way in.....:)

mardigrasvet

thanks for all the tips. i did find some disks which explain what is on them and none explicitly refer to Microsoft Word or Excel. One disk says its contents include the following: antivius software, support software, multimedia software, internet software. do you think this is the right disk to re-install word and excel? and will the disk prompt me to choose what i want or will it go crazy on me and start erasing my files to install these programs?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Wrong disk. The disk should be labeled pre-installed software, or Microsoft.

Did you pay for these programs? Sometimes they put trial versions on computers, and you have 90 days to buy it.

mardigrasvet

i found a disk that says contents:

antivirus software
support software
multimedia software
internet software

perhaps multimedia is the one?

also found a disk for microsoft office 2000 professional that says it is designed for windows nt and windows 98. i have windows xp. can i install this anyway?

thanks for all your help.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
No, it wouldn't be under multimedia.

Is that the version of Office you had installed? I believe it should work with XP.

mardigrasvet

thanks for all your help. the 2000 disks were installed without any problems and they work with xp.

cheers!

tom

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Good to hear. You can mark the thread solved right above your first post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online