Uninstall Usb Driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RICHG28

I WANT TO GET MY USB SCANNER TO WORK.BUT THE DRIVER IS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY,I NEED TO INSTALL USPSUPP.EXE BUT WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL IT MY COMPUTOR SAYS IT IS ALREADY INSTALLED AND THAT I NEED TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION,I CANNOT NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE,I HAVE DOWN LOADED A LOT OF DOCUMENTATION WHICH TELLS ME WHAT TO DO BUT MY COMPUTOR KEEPS CRASHING.PLEEESE HELP

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi RICHG28, welcome to TSG....

If you'll drop to lower case letters, your posts will be easier for everyone to read....... ;)

What version of Windows 95 are you running?

Right click on my computer, properties......what version number is there?

RICHG28

Originally posted by AcaCandy
Hi RICHG28, welcome to TSG....

If you'll drop to lower case letters, your posts will be easier for everyone to read....... ;)

What version of Windows 95 are you running?

Right click on my computer, properties......what version number is the re?

version no 4.00.950b

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Here is a site with some helpful information.

USB support in Windows 95B is limited at best. You may not be able to get it to work correctly. It may take an upgrade to Windows 98.

But, take a look and see if you've downloaded and/or installed from your cdrom both of the USB support portions.

If you already have USPSUPP.EXE installed, then pick up there with the installation directions.

http://www.usbman.com/Win95 USB Guide.htm

Ummm... as far as I remember, Windows 95c was the first windows OS to support USB (not very well, but..)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Jest8,

Windows 95B OEM Service Release 2.1 supports USB as well.....at least that is what Microsoft says....and like we've been saying, probably poorly at best.

I've never tried it to be honest.

:p My memory HAS been known to play a few tricks on me! :D

Rich... Your best bet would be to either upgrade your OS to Win98 (if you can find it!) or, if there's a parallel port on the scanner, to use the parallel instead of USB.
Unless AcaCandy can pull yet another rabit out of the old fedora..

:p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online