Uninstall xp pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Milkchoc

Ok, I've had it with bill gates......I need to uninstall win xp from my computer, I hate it! I tried reformatting the drive from a '98 boot disk, it seemed to run fine, but guess what?????? Win xp is still there! Can anyone tell me how to FINALLY and completely remove windows xp pro from my computer?????????????

The support for Windows 98 is fading, so you may want to reconsider removing it.

But if you insist you need to delete all partitions on the hard drive, recreate them, format, and reinstall everything. The easiest method is to use Paritition Magic or you can use FDISK. Use a Windows 98 Startup diskette to do it.

Milkchoc

I resolved the issue by using software from my hd manufacturer. I did not want to run out and get partition magic, and fdisk did not work. Microsoft reallly does not want you to remove xp once u get it installed.....I felt like my machine had been hijacked! Anyway, I'm back up and running.....btw, I did reinstall xp since I now know how to remove it without disturbing my other partitons on the the hd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online