1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstall xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Milkchoc, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milkchoc

Milkchoc Thread Starter

Ok, I've had it with bill gates......I need to uninstall win xp from my computer, I hate it! I tried reformatting the drive from a '98 boot disk, it seemed to run fine, but guess what?????? Win xp is still there! Can anyone tell me how to FINALLY and completely remove windows xp pro from my computer?????????????

2. Dan O

Dan O

The support for Windows 98 is fading, so you may want to reconsider removing it.

But if you insist you need to delete all partitions on the hard drive, recreate them, format, and reinstall everything. The easiest method is to use Paritition Magic or you can use FDISK. Use a Windows 98 Startup diskette to do it.

3. Milkchoc

Milkchoc Thread Starter

I resolved the issue by using software from my hd manufacturer. I did not want to run out and get partition magic, and fdisk did not work. Microsoft reallly does not want you to remove xp once u get it installed.....I felt like my machine had been hijacked! Anyway, I'm back up and running.....btw, I did reinstall xp since I now know how to remove it without disturbing my other partitons on the the hd.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice