1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalled 3 year old HP graphics card & computer crashed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buckingdragon, Aug 1, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Buckingdragon

Buckingdragon Thread Starter

I unwisely uninstalled the graphics card on my 3 year old HP and the computer promptly crashed. It will not open. Doesn’t respond to a recovery USB. No password. A computer tech got it into safe mode but cannot get it to open. Trying drivers and such. 10 days later and no luck

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Do you mean you physically removed the card or did you uninstall the drivers for it ?

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.
    Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell)If so the service tag#, case model or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts. I was going to ask the same as "Managed"

4. Buckingdragon

Buckingdragon Thread Starter

Drivers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice