Uninstalled an app an now i cant reinstall on pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

file639

i recently deleted a game off of my pc to try an reinstall it to see if it would run better but now i cant get it to install it give me an error for it not getting installed to the prapor path due to in being used in another process but i dont have anything running involving the game

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to the forum, @file639.

In order to understand better what we are dealing with here, please download and run the TSG System Information Utility on the affected PC, and then post the results back to this thread.

Also, to supplement this information, please tell us what game you're trying to re-install and provide a screenshot of the error message you're getting.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Have you restarted the PC? Often this is needed to remove any files or registry entries which were still in use.

Couriant

James
To add to the information here: what game did you try to uninstall/reinstall?

file639

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210920112626.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (169 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4, s/n M80-C2000200231
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

the game is called Escape from tarkov it allows me to install the launcher but now the launcher wont open at all for me to give the error code after trying to install it threw the launcher

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As Virginia mentioned in her post, did you reboot the PC? Also, can you provide a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.