Uninstalled Devices in "Device Manager"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KeyStroke

I have some uninstalled devices in "Device Manager" under "other devices" that have a yellow question mark next to them. Their names are shown as:
  • PCI Memory Controller
  • Other PCI Bridge Device
  • SM Bus Controller

What are they? I need to know what these devices are to install their drivers.

They didn't pop up after a new device by the way. They just suddenly showed up, which means it's probably something I already have.

KeyStroke said:
  • PCI Memory Controller
  • Other PCI Bridge Device
  • SM Bus Controller
Download and (re)install your chipset drivers. (Intel calls them the "INF Update Utility", Via calls theirs the "Hyperion Pro Driver Package", etc)

A. Woolf

KeyStroke said:
Ah! so they were in the mother board's CD. Thanks awoolf. Problem solved. :)
The drivers on the CD may be a little old, you want to check the motherboard manufacturers website and download the latest drivers. This will insure you are getting the latest and best performance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online