1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalled my printer now "The specified module cannot be found"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Twinkee, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinkee

Twinkee Thread Starter

My father had an agreement with a retailer whereby if something went wrong with his printer he could just take it back and get a like for like replacement. This worked well until HP stopped making printers or perhaps just his printer. Either way the retailer instead gave him a kodak.

In my efforts to be helpful I uninstalled the HP software using add/remove programs and went about installing the kodak disk.

When I next restarted the computer and ever since a popup appears called Rundll and declares

Error loading C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 5510 Series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

the specified module could not be found.

My father is convinced that reformatting the computer and starting over will resolve this problem. While that may well 'fix' the problem I'm trying to convince him that he need not do something so drastic.

I tried CCleaner's registry cleaner but it did not get rid of the popup.

I tried reinstalling the HP software... that did not end well.

I rapidly ran out of time and had to leave without fixing the problem. And have unfortunately lost the error message(s) the HP installer spat out. It did not have any effect on the popup.

The new kodak printer works well but every time he starts the computer the rundll error box popus up. We would really like to be rid of it.

If you guys can help we'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Laptop : HP Pavilion zd8000
    XP : Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
    New Printer : Kodak ESP C315

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 57223 MB, Free - 17111 MB;
    Motherboard: Quanta, 3082
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
    2- Run the program.
    3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
    4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
    5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
    6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice