1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kaixiin, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaixiin

Kaixiin Thread Starter

Hey guys, need some urgent help here. :confused:

I have a program on my computer called Intel(R) My WiFi Technology, which has something to do with my network adapter (Intel (R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN). I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying 'The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found'. So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel's forums. I came across a thread that discussed my problem, and one of the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution. So I followed the steps and came across a huge problem :(. Turns out that once I removed this program, my computer wouldn't connect to my wireless network in my house. I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine, and that my router was still working fine aswell. I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB, and installed it back onto my original computer. There still wasn't any difference, and my computer still currently can't connect to my wireless access point. I've rolled back drivers, updated them, and I've refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point. I'm starting to run out of ideas, and I really need some help:mad:. My computer can still detect networks though, but I've discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone's Access Point, meaning I can connect to 3G through my phone. I'm suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home's wireless, but I can't figure out what it is.

I know that this isn't very detailed, and I've sort of rushed it, but if you need anything else from me I'd be happy to tell you. :)

If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do, please do share.(y)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!