Uninstalled software keeps sending me update notifications.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geekboi

I downloaded a software called Free Audio Editor and I uninstalled it, but it still keeps sending me annoying update notifications all the time on the screen and the notification does not have a close button. I use a dell laptop operated by windows.(I tried antivirus software but it did not work.) Please help. Thank you.

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Hi, geekboi.

Welcome at TSG. :)

I am DR M and I will be assisting you with your computer's issues. I am still in training and my fixes have to be approved by my instructor, so there may be a slight delay in my replies. Look at it as a good thing though, since you will have two people looking at your problem.

Adhere to the guidelines below, and then carefully follow, with the same order, all the instructions after:

1. You have to reply to my posts within four days. If you need some additional time, just let me know. If I don't get any reply from you within these four days, the topic will be closed. You can send me a PM if you still want help, after this period of time.

2. Always ask before act! Do not continue if you are not sure, or if something unexpected happens!

3. Do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. Also, do not uninstall or install any software during the proceedure, unless I ask you to do so.

4. Please, copy all the content of the required logs and paste it inside your post, unless directed otherwise.

5. Logs from malware diagnostic or removal programs can take some time to get analyzed. Also, have in mind that all the experts here are volunteers and may not be available to assist when you post. Please, be patient, while I analyze your logs. I will be with you, as far as I can.

====================================================

Let's start now.

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. --> IMPORTANT

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please copy and paste the content of these two logs in your next reply.

DR.M

Malware Trainee
I'm leaving this thread due to lack of feedback.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online